About the event
In this insightful webinar, we’ll explore the growing challenge of deepfake and synthetic voice attacks on Voice Biometrics systems. With the rapid advancements in artificial intelligence and machine learning, malicious actors are finding increasingly sophisticated ways to bypass security measures, making it crucial for organisations to stay ahead of these emerging threats.
The session will cover the following key topics:
- Understanding deepfakes and synthetic voices: Learn about the technology behind these deceptive audio manipulations and their potential impact on voice biometrics security.
- Identifying vulnerabilities: Discover the weak points in current voice biometrics systems that make them susceptible to deepfake and synthetic voice attacks.
- Real-world examples and case studies: Analyze recent incidents involving deepfakes and synthetic voices to understand the potential risks and implications for organisations relying on Voice Biometrics.
- Detection and prevention techniques: Explore state-of-the-art methods and best practices for detecting and mitigating deepfake and synthetic voice attacks on voice biometrics systems.
- Building resilience: Learn how to develop robust voice biometrics strategies that can adapt to the evolving threat landscape and stay ahead of malicious actors.
Join us as we delve into the fascinating world of deepfakes and synthetic voices, equipping you with the knowledge and tools to safeguard your Voice Biometrics systems from these emerging threats. Secure your spot today and stay at the forefront of Voice Biometrics security!
Matt is the author of “Unlock Your Call Centre: A proven way to upgrade security, efficiency and caller experience”, a book based on his more than a decade’s experience transforming the security processes of the world’s most customer-centric organisations.Matt’s mission is to remove “Security Farce” from the call centre and all our lives. All organisations need to secure their call centre interactions, but very few do this effectively today. The processes and methods they use should deliver real security appropriate to the risk, with as little impact on the caller and agent experience as possible. Matt is an independent consultant engaged by end-users of the latest authentication and fraud prevention technologies. As a direct result of his guidance, his clients are some of the most innovative users of modern security technology and have the highest levels of customer adoption. He is currently leading the business design and implementation of modern security for multiple clients in the US and UK.
Local Start Times
- San Francisco - Thu 08:00 am PDT
- New York - Thu 11:00 am EDT
- London - Thu 04:00 pm BST
- Paris - Thu 05:00 pm CEST
- Tokyo - Fri 12:00 am JST
- Sydney - Fri 01:00 am AEST