Introducing the Welcome Experience Scorecard22 February 2021 – Matt Smallman
Why is the Welcome Experience so important
Now, more than ever, the telephone channel is absolutely critical to developing customer loyalty and retention. Customers call for a wide variety of reasons:
- When they have a problem, they can’t or don’t want to resolve it online
- When they need to do something out of the ordinary
- When the issue is urgent or highly emotional for them
- When they need reassurance or confidence to make a difficult decision
Successfully meeting their functional and emotional needs takes a great deal of effort and resources. You have undoubtedly spent significant time and money training and supporting your agents to achieve this, but every call will also go through the same welcome experience as everyone else. This first minute or more is also critical for meeting the caller’s needs, it set’s the tone for the rest of the call, can set your agents up for success or failure, and the first impression it provides weighs heavily in the caller’s mind when they reflect on their experience.
Getting it right is hard
It’s a difficult experience to get right. Balancing the competing needs of customer experience, efficiency or your operation, the requirements to maintain security and avoid fraud is really challenging.
Over the last 10 years, I’ve learned a lot about helping organisations dramatically improve their contact centres’ performance by focusing on the five elements of the caller Welcome Experience.
- Intent – Understanding the caller’s reason for calling.
- Identity – Understanding who the caller is claiming to be
- Authentication – Ensuring callers are who they claim to be
- Routing – Getting callers to the right person or self-service capability
- Automation – Enabling callers to help themselves.
Ten years of experience in just ten minutes
Now I’ve taken the same approach I use in my strategic consulting services, costing thousands of dollars, and made it available to you, online, for free. I want to help all types of organisations improve their telephone welcome experience so that every caller can get the experience they deserve. Every agent can avoid unnecessary or painful processes, and every organisation can reap the rewards of getting it right.
In less than 10 minutes, by answering a few simple questions, the Welcome Experience Scorecard will give you a performance score against the three performance dimensions, immediately identifying areas of opportunity, and you’ll also get far a more detailed report with recommendations after I’ve reviewed your submission.
The Scorecard will help you understand how well you do against the three critical dimensions of the Welcome Experience and help you identify and prioritise the changes you should make:
- Usability – Helping callers and agents resolve the reason for calling as easily as possible without unnecessary cognitive load or distractions.
- Efficiency – Helping callers and agents resolve their reason for calling as quickly as possible, including by themselves.
- Security – Ensuring sufficient security to protect your customers and organisation from fraud and maintain customer confidence and trust.
Get started now
There is no time to waste. The sooner you get started the sooner you will have the insight you need to improve. To get your Scorecard results, you need to provide me with some key data points about your process. Many organisations already report on these, but if you don’t, then the time spent obtaining them will be more than repaid. I’ve had countless opportunities to figure out the best way to present the key insights this data provides. My report’s powerful visualisations will help you communicate the challenges and make a case for improvement in your organisation.
You can start your scorecard now at https://www.symnexconsulting.com/scorecard
Improve your Welcome Experience Today
Complete the scorecard before 31 July 2021 and you will be entered in a prize draw for the chance to win an Amazon Alexa Dot, Google Home Mini or $50 donation to a charity of your choice.
Using Conversational Voice Biometrics in Natural Language IVR4 mins read
Making the Business Case for Voice Biometrics in the Contact Centre4 mins read
Amazon Connect Voice ID launches4 mins read
Introducing the Welcome Experience Scorecard4 mins read
Voice Biometrics Success – It’s about people not technology4 mins read
Stay in TouchNo one knows identification and authentication better than us.
If you invite us into your inbox we can send you exclusive and useful content that you won't get anywhere else.
We promise not to fill your inbox with marketing guff.
We usually email around once a month unless something really exciting happens.